Leading Public Library in Canada Uses Montel’s Shelving Systems
City of Vancouver
Vancouver, BC, Canada
When the city of Vancouver decided to construct a new seven story state-of-the-art showcase public library, previous outgrown library space was a major concern for library officials.
The city of Vancouver was looking for fixed and compact library shelving systems with special seismic requirements to store books and meet special multimedia needs.
Montel’s custom-design solution involved the supply and installation of innovative seismic zone cantilever and powered mobile shelving systems with sophisticated safety features due to the public access.
The following Montel products were offered:
- WIRED® powered high-density mobile storage system;
- Active and safety features;
- Motion detector that sense any movement of the patron in an open aisle;
- Aetnastak® cantilever library shelving systems;
- Fourth-bend shelf construction increasing strength and eliminating sharp edges.