Growing Pharmaceutical Company Doubles its Floor Space, Providing More Organization for the Implantation of Another Production Line
Elan Pharmaceuticals Inc
King of Prussia, PA
Existing growth required an additional manufacturing line in a very limited space. Off-site inventory storage was inconvenient in terms of transit, control, costs, security, accessibility and storage conditions.
Concentrate the existing line's inventory storage for all raw materials and packaging, which would provide enough space to support the new production line. Eliminate expensive costs related to off-site storage: personnel, security, transportation and management costs, and capitalize on the building Elan was already leasing for the long-term.
Montel's HD industrial powered mobile storage systems mounted on pallet rack for heavy-duty storage.
Montel provided the following custom designed industrial storage solution:
- Powered systems with programmable soft start and controlled deceleration speed
- Impact-resistant (against carts, lift-trucks, etc.) Infrared Floor-Level Safety Sweep on both sides of the aisles that protect users and materials
- Passive Infrared Sensors (PIR) preventing carriage movement in the event an aisle is occupied as it detects heat in motion
- Programmable Auto-Moves (Main-Aisle Priority Access, Automatic Aisle Closing, Automatic Aisle Spacing, Mobile-Static Aisle, Automatic Aisle Reset)
- PIN-Controlled Access for added security
- Automatic Built-in Battery Backup Override - UPS (controlled access operational during power outage)
- Closed-Park: System closes if the alarm goes off
- Infrared Adjustable Proximity Sensor
- Impact-Resistant, Zinc Housing, Face panel Controls
- Sealed membrane controls