Jean Coutu Pharmacy
Montmagny, QC, Canada
Before it was determined to remodel and implement a new backroom storage area design, leading drugstore chain Jean Coutu was experiencing an outage of its backroom storage space.
Along with designing and developing a cost effective and efficient remodeled backroom storage operation, Jean Coutu wanted to improve space utilization and employee productivity.
To make Jean Coutu pharmacy’s backroom 127 sq-ft storage area more efficient and cost effective, Montel proposed a mobile storage system for maximum space utilization with flexibility, quick and easy employee access to various retail products and supplies.
With the assistance of its local Distributor, Raysource Inc., Montel supplied and installed the following custom-design engineered mobile storage system & product configurations:
- QuadraMobile mechanical-assist mobile carriages
- SmartShelf 4-Post hybrid shelving units
- Low profile track designed and manufactured to carry loads of 700 pounds per linear foot (1,042kg/m) of carriage
- Wheel-housing member constructed of 12-gauge steel, 2 ¾'' high x 2 ½'' wide
- Built-in anti-tip system preventing the shelving from tipping
- All shelves and canopy tops constructed of minimum 18-gauge steel with “Four Bend” ¾'' edge construction and clipped on the uprights with use of steel hooks
- Back-to-back shelving storage to provide total flexibility depending on the products and supplies to be stored
- Plexiglass front lip to secure the storage content
- Steel face panels covering the full height and width of shelving
- Ergonomic three-spoke zinc handles providing a convenient handgrip at a comfortable level of operation
- Powder coating finishing technology.