Linear Technology Chooses Montel for More Organization and Efficiency for its Electronic Components
Linear Technology Corporate Headquarters
Milpitas, CA, United States
Linear Technology Headquarters' storage area for electronics and components was disorganized and they had run out of space. There was no room left in the area for two people to stand together, let alone all the workers trying to access the equipment they needed at the same time to do their work in a timely fashion. Circuit boards, cables, tools and other instruments were mixed together, and cables were twisted in a tangled mass.
Regroup all the wiring, performance and catalyst boards, trays, cables and other electronic components under one compact and organized storage area. Protect circuit boards and store them vertically to easily locate and access, and create a section for accessing spooled cables and wiring.
Mobilex® with SmartShelf® and accessories
Montel provided the following custom-designed solution:
- Full-height dividers separate the boards and help them stand vertically. Shelves with a lip were used to keep them in place when the carriages are moved;
- A special bracket keeps all the cables in place and easy to see and access;
- CorPlas was used as a back panel divider between sections, which is more economical than a steel panel;
- Over 40 different elevations within a 12-carriage system for 5 different users in the same area at virtually the same time.
- The storage room is cleaner, and people are able to find what they are looking for easily;
- A disorganized storage room was turned into an organized system;
- More floor space was gained to add other equipment for their manufacturing capacity;
- Expansion of the room was built into the design.