Maricopa County Jail Relies on Montel's High-Density Storage Systems
Maricopa County Criminal Justice Facilities
Phoenix, AZ, United States
Due to the state of Arizona’s prison overcrowding problem, Maricopa County officials approved a proposal to construct a new facility having 1,867 cells in a three-story maximum security tower.
The new state-of-the-art Lower Buckeye Jail needed to be designed to maximize storage areas with innovative quality security features.
Based on an assessment of the Lower Buckeye Jail’s space needs, Montel proposed high-density mobile systems that would maximize capacity storage with features specified to increase security and safety for both inmates and detention officers.
Montel provided the following high-density mobile solution configuration:
- 30 WIRED® carriages with recessed rails 20’ feet length;
- QuadraVista 4-Post shelving systems accommodating specially designed compartments to store the inmate's personal effects;
- Each 48" bay consisted of 21 bin compartments 85" high;
- Compartments enclosed with lockable hinged doors for controlled access;
- Floor-level infrared safety sweep safety feature protecting users when entering the aisles.