Quebec City, QC, Canada
Department of the government of the Province of Quebec, Canada that sees primarily to the collection of income tax and consumption taxes, Revenu Québec headquarters’ library and documentary centre had outgrew its workplace environment and was running out of storage space for its increasing special library collections.
Wanting to increase the collaborative and effectiveness of its library and documentary centre design, Revenu Québec was searching to improve the housing of their special library collection and provide enhanced space for long-term growth without adding square footing.
With limited allotted space for Revenu Québec’s new library workplace, after a collaborative detailed space analysis with the library staff and the architectural team, Montel proposed a high-density mobile shelving system offering users the latest industry safety technology along with the versatility of hybrid shelving system for more library storage capacity.
In collaboration with its local Distributor, Raysource Inc., Montel supplied and installed the following custom-design motorized mobile storage system & product configurations:
- SafeAisle electric carriage mounted high-density mobile storage units
- LED Guard Technology (LGT) safety system covering the whole aisle surface
- Low safety activation height system detects objects as small as 1½'' (38mm) high located anywhere in the aisle
- Electronic overload protection & fail-safe technology
- Aisle-entry people counter
- Riveted-bonding carriage construction for flexibility and potential reconfiguration
- Full-length drive shaft which prevents carriage whipping, binding and excessive wheel and rail wear under normal operation
- Control boards offering the capability to be upgraded with new generations of software
- Simple movement controls with LCD display including two arrow shaped OPEN backlit buttons, and a STOP backlit button
- PIN-Code module access control having a 32-character permanently backlit LCD display, and digits from 0 to 9
- All movement controls and indicator lights are solid state and provide visual indication of safety module operation
- All movement controls have sealed membrane control technology to ensure maximum life duration of controls
- SmartShelf® 4-Post hybrid shelving units
- All shelves and canopy tops constructed of minimum 18-gauge steel with “Four Bend” ¾'' edge construction and clipped on the uprights with use of steel hooks
- Sloped Display Shelf with Front Edge 3”
- Powder coating finishing technology.