Montel Provides Storage Solution to The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration
U.S. Federal Aviation Administration
Oklahoma City, OK, United States
When the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) consolidated certain administrative regions into their existing Oklahoma facility, the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center encountered space related organisational concerns and storage problems.
To enable the FAA to centralize governmental records from previous regional facilities into the existing Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center , facility officials looked for an efficient way to store records and implement a new storage system.
To help solve the FAA’s new space squeeze, a high-density mobile storage system was installed and configured for maximum capacity and security.
The following Montel high-density storage solution was provided:
- Mobilex® high-density mobile storage system;
- SmartShelf® hybrid 4-Post shelving system configured on 1” centers, offering 8 levels in less than 94” height, thus compliant with ceiling height code constraints;
- Adaptable storage shelving system that can be reconfigured at any time for the changing storage records needs, with pull-out reference shelves for on-site consultation;
- ADA safety ramp compliance;
- Passive locking mechanisms offering greater security and safety.