The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum Adopts Montel’s Preservation & Storage Solutions
National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum
Cooperstown, NY, United States
Pursuant to a rapid growth of baseball major league artefacts, the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum was confronted with a need for efficient storage solutions for its 30,000 to 35,000 collection objects.
The collection, which includes baseballs, bats, uniforms, player equipments and textiles, had to be efficiently stored now in a climate-controlled environment. In addition, the proposed new storage system had to support the collection growth (400 new objects yearly) over a 10-year period.
A custom-designed mobile storage system was proposed in order to accommodate many different and flexible shelving and collection accessories.
Montel proposed the following products and features:
- Mobilex® high-density mechanical mobile storage systems;
- QuadraVista 4-Post shelving systems;
- Customized baseball bat racks adapted to the QuadraVista shelving system;
- Lateral art racks for less fragile collections that maximizes the floor space;
- 4D shelving with museum cabinets;
- Rolled textile storage.