King of Prussia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Montel's High-Density Powered Mobile Storage Systems Mounted On Pallet Rack For Heavy-Duty Storage.
Existing growth required an additional manufacturing line in a very limited space. Off-site inventory storage was inconvenient in terms of transit, control, costs, security, accessibility and storage conditions.
Objectives and concerns were :
- Concentrate the existing line's inventory storage for all raw materials and packaging, which would provide enough space to support the new production line.
- Eliminate expensive costs related to off-site storage: personnel, security, transportation and management costs, and capitalize on the building Perrigo was already leasing for the long-term.
Montel's high-desnity powered mobile storage systems were mounted on pallet rack for heavy-duty storage.
Montel provided the following custom designed industrial storage solution :
- Powered systems with programmable soft start and controlled deceleration speed.
- Infrared floor-level safety sweep on both sides of the aisles that protect users and materials.
- Passive infrared sensors preventing carriage movement in the event an aisle is occupied as it detects heat in motion.
- Programmable auto-moves.
- PIN-controlled access for added security.
- Automatic built-in battery backup override in case of any power outage.
- Closed-park: system closes if the alarm goes off.
- Infrared adjustable proximity sensor.
- Impact-resistant, zinc housing, face panel controls.
- Sealed membrane controls
The pharmaceutical company Perrigo was able to benefit from the following advantages :
- Significant short- and long-term savings.
- Better merchandise inventory management and storage capacity optimization without the need for additional space.
- Improved efficiency and productivity, as materials are better organized, less manipulated, easier to manage and more accessible.
- Increased safety.
We were able to reduce our operating costs and moreover find enough room to implement another production line.